Peaches are bar none my favorite fruit, then strawberries, which is the reason why I chose this wonderful-looking drink. The recipe for this Sangria comes courtesy of Camille Bergerson and Hector Gomez/Tasty. I am so looking forward to Peach season now. Lois
Serves 8 – 10
2 cups water
1½ cups sugar
1 bottle white wine, chilled
¾ cup rum
Extra strawberries and peaches, sliced
1 bottle sparkling white wine or champagne, chilled
1. Discard the green tops of the strawberries and slice the peaches.
2. In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in water, then add the strawberries and peaches.
3. Bring to a rolling boil and reduce to medium heat. Boil for approximately 15 minutes, or until the strawberries become pale and the peaches are soft.
4. Strain the syrup and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until cooled. Discard boiled fruit.
5. In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, sliced fruit, white wine, and rum.
6. Scoop fruit into glasses with ice, pour sangria, and top with sparkling wine.
Here’s the YouTube Video to Show You How it’s Done: